Get support

Get support


Support services 

Speaking out about a traumatic experience can be distressing. If relaying or reading about the experience(s) of trauma is causing you distress, you can access counselling support through: 

  • 1800RESPECT (24/7 national sexual assault and domestic and family violence counselling service) 
  • The Healing Foundation 
  • Your local Aboriginal Legal Service 
  • Your local Aboriginal Medical Service 
  • Your local family violence prevention service 

Dealing with discrimination 

The Australian Human Rights Commission is an independent organisation that investigates complaints about discrimination, harassment and unfair treatment on the basis of race, colour, descent, gender, disability, age and other grounds. 

For free advice on discrimination and your rights, or to make a complaint, call our National Information Service on 02 9284 9888/1300 656 419 (local call) or 1800 620 241 (toll free). You can also email us at 

Information about making or responding to a complaint is available at